CASAT Staff Publications
Books (chronological order):
Papers (chronological order):
- Broadus, A., Hartje, J., Roget, N., Cahooh, K., (2010) Attitudes About Addiction: A National Study of Addiction Educators: Publication.
- Hogan, J., Baca, I., Daley, C., Garcia, T., Jaker, J., Lowther, M.,Klitzner, M. (2003) Disseminating Science-Based Prevention: Lessons Learned from CSAP's CAPTs, Journal of Drug Education, Vol. 33 (3) 233-243
- Shadley, M.L. (2001). Dueling Demons: Domestic Violence and Addictions. Family Therapy News. American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (Oct)
- Reed (Gabrielsen), K., Cheadle, A. and Thompson, B. (2000) Evaluating prevention programs with the Results Mapping evaluation tool: A case study of a youth substance abuse prevention program. Health Education Research, 15, 73-84.
- Makki, K., Dell, J., Pissinou, N., Moh, W., Jia, X. (2000) Mutual Exclusion Algorithms in Distributed Memory Systems, Journal of Supercomputing (May) Abstract.
- Shadley, M.L. (2000). Are all therapists alike? Revisiting research about the use of self in therapy. In Baldwin, M. (Ed..) The Use of Self in Therapy (2nd Ed.). New York: Haworth Press.
- Shadley, M.L. (2000). AA is not the only way. Family Therapy News. American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. (April).
- Roget, N.A., Fisher, G.L., & Johnson, M.L. (1998). A protocol for reducing juvenile recidivism through relapse prevention. Journal of Addiction and Offender Counseling, 33-43.
- Dell, J., Makki, K., Pissinou, N. (1997) Mutual Exclusion Algorithms in Distributed Memory Systems, Proceedings of the 1997 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications, Las Vegas.
- D'Andrea, L. M., Fisher, G. L., & Harrison, T. C. (1994). Cluster Analysis of adult children of alcoholics. Internation Journal of the Addictions, 29, 565-582.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., Harrison, T. C., & Jesch, K. (1993). Personality characteristics of adult children of alcoholics, other adults from dysfunctional families and adults from non-dysfunctional families. International Journal of Addictions, 28, 477-485.
- Karacostas, D. D., & Fisher, G.L. (1993). Chemical dependency in students with and without learning disabilities. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 26, 491-495.
- Fisher, G. L., & Harrison, T. C. (1993). The school counselor's role in relapse prevention. The School Counselor, 41, 121-125.
- Jenkins, S. J., Fisher, G. L., & Harrison, T. C. (1993). Adult children of dysfunctional families: Childhood roles. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 15, 310-319.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., Harrison, T. C., & Jesch, K. (1992). Characteristics of adult children of alcoholics, Journal of Substance Abuse, 4, 27-34.
- Fisher, G. L., & Harrison, T. C. (1992). Assessment of alcohol and other drug abuse with referred adolescents. Psychology in the Schools, 29, 172-178.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., & Held, N. (1992). Pre-service teachers use of and attitudes toward alcohol and other drugs. In S. Eiseman (ed.). Focus on alcohol, Farmingdale, NY: Baywood Press.
- Downing, C. J., Jenkins, S. J. & Fisher, G. L. (1992). A comparison of psychodynamic and reinforcement treatment with sexually abused children. In J. J. Cohen & M. C. Fish (eds.). Advances in therapies for school behavior problems. San Francisco, Jossey-Bass.
- Howard-Pitney, B., Johnson, M.D., Altman, D.G., Hopkins, R.W., Hammond, N.M. (1991) Responsible Alcohol Service: A Study of Server, Manager, and Environmental Impact, American Journal of Public Health, 81, 1991, 197-199.
- Jenkins. S. J., Fisher, G. L., & Applegate, R. L. (1990). Factor analysis of the substance attitude survey with college undergraduates. Psychological Reports, 66, 331-336.
- Shadley, M.L. (1990). Critical incidents = Life events for experienced family therapists. Contemporary Family Therapy, Vol. 4, No. 2. (June).
- Fisher, G. L., & Jenkins, S. J. (1990). Attitudes and use of alcohol and drugs among counselors in training. Guidepost, 14.
- Jenkins, S. J., Fisher, G. L. & Applegate, R. L. (1989). Analysis of the relationship between personality characteristics and education major's sex and grade level focus. Psychological Reports, 64, 583-589.
- Fisher, G. L. (1989). Counseling strategies for children based on rules and roles in alcoholic families. The School Counselor, 36, 173-178.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., & Held, N. (1989). Pre-service teachers' use of and attitudes toward alcohol and other drugs. Journal of Drug Education, 19, 373-384.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., Bancroft, M. J. & Kraft, L. (1988). The effects of K-ABC based remedial teaching strategies on word recognition skills. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 21, 307-312.
- Downing, J., Jenkins, S. J. & Fisher, G. L. (1988). A comparison of psychodynamic and reinforcement treatment with sexually abused children. Elementary School Guidance and Counseling, 22, 291-298.
- Shadley, M.L. (1987). Are all therapists alike: Use of self in family therapy: A multi-dimensional perspective. Journal of Psychotherapy and the Family, Vol. 3, No. 1 (March). (Also published as part of a book entitled Use of Self. Satir, V. & Baldwin, M. Published by Guilford Press).
- Saltmarsh, R. E., Jenkins, S. J. & Fisher G. L. (1986). The TRAC model: A practical map for group process and management. Journal for Specialists in Group Work, 11, 30-36.
- Fisher, G. L. & Jenkins, S. J. (1986). Computer Software: An aid in interpretation of the WISC-R. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 19, 53-59.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J., Bullis, C. K. & Meyers, F. D. (1986). The use of remedial teachers-counselors with disabled readers. Techniques: Journal of Remediation and Counseling, 2, 60-66.
- Fisher, G. L., Jenkins, S. J. & Crumbley, J. C. (1986). School psychology: Congruence between training and practice. Psychology in the Schools, 23, 271-279.
- Jenkins, S. J. & Fisher, G. L. (1986). A supervisory feedback system designed for off-campus instruction of a graduate counseling therapy and techniques course. Illinois Association for Counseling and Development Quarterly, 102, 12-23.
- Fisher, G. L. & Field, S. L. (1985). Self-protection for the handicapped: Essential skills for community living. Career Development for Exceptional Individuals, 8, 7-16.
- Meacham, M. L. & Fisher, G. L. (1984). The identification and stability of subtypes of disabled readers. International Journal of Clinical Neuropsychology, 6, 269-274.