Job Listing Details
||President & Chief Executive Officer
|Job Open Date:
|Job Close Date:
||This position offers a highly competitive salary, and a generous benefits package, consistent with o
||Gateway Rehabilitation Center
As a result of the announced retirement of our longtime leader, the Gateway Rehab Board of Directors seeks to hire the organization’s next President & CEO and has retained Vantagen to assist with this process. The President & CEO reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of our mission and business objectives. This position leads the organization with a senior management team of seven professionals, many of whom are long term dedicated employees.
We seek a leader with empathy and compassion for the people served by our mission. Strategic thinking, innovation and courage are required to catalyze the delivery of outstanding client outcomes. In an ever-evolving landscape of healthcare reform, we seek an experienced leader that can navigate the Affordable Care Act and its impact on the operations and treatment delivery systems of Gateway Rehab. With financial savvy, our next President & CEO will need to be experienced in seeking out and negotiating partnerships that will benefit our mission. As an ethical leader, the President & CEO must have demonstrated ability to lead an accomplished team of professionals accustomed to achieving exceptional results.
The current and future challenges facing all healthcare and in particular, addiction treatment services, are numerous. In the near term the President & CEO will be expected to continue to deliver outstanding client outcomes while meeting and successfully addressing the following challenges:
1. The impact of the Affordable Healthcare Act on Gateway Rehab services and finances.
2. The evolution of Gateway Rehab’s treatment delivery models to be inclusive of varied client needs.
3. A facility upgrade to reflect the high level of personalized care offered through treatment.
4. Creating a culture of philanthropy internally and externally to meet the financial demands that complement the current revenue streams.
||KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The successful President & CEO candidate will be an experienced and tested leader who possesses a combination of the following:
• Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees required.
• Substantial successful experience as a senior manager within an addiction treatment facility, healthcare organization or organization similar in size, scope and scale of impact.
• Knowledge and understanding of the current and evolving landscape of healthcare and healthcare reform.
• Prior experience initiating and launching successful partnerships for mutual gain.
• A demonstrated passion for the unique nature of addiction and recovery and the mission of Gateway Rehab.
• Strong financial acumen, management ability and an ethical servant leader approach to work.
• Integrity and trust beyond reproach. Composure in all situations, even when under stress. Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs. Is strategically agile - can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. A visionary who doesn’t lose sight of daily operations.
• Personal values that include generosity, compassion, honesty, enthusiasm, energy, stamina, humility and a sense of humor.
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of action in a community context. Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking.
• Prior demonstrated successful experience with identifying and securing private and public funding through fundraising and government/community relations.
• A sense of entrepreneurial opportunism, with the ability to flex and adapt with changing conditions.
• Generous with time and willingness to do all that it takes to stay “on top” of the many faceted parts of the nonprofit sector and the community at large.
• Adept at building effective teams and motivating others to achieve more, particularly in complex and dynamic organizations. Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict.
• Evidence of continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and challenges.
|Submit Application To:
||For complete details and how to apply, please visit
||APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 5pm, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2013
Please direct all inquiries related to this position to Vantagen and do not contact Gateway Rehab.
Gateway Rehab is an equal opportunity employer.